Puddle Jumper from Cancun to Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to pick on you James, but I seriously doubt this. First off few students could afford the engine time on a 9 seat aircraft, and second I would hope that even the most rookiest private pilot student would not pass the aircraft on preflight checklist.

I think what you posted is funny, but I wouldn't want a non-pilot to get the impression that we wouldl willingly fly in an unairworthy aircraft.

chrpai:
Not to pick on you James, but I seriously doubt this. First off few students could afford the engine time on a 9 seat aircraft, and second I would hope that even the most rookiest private pilot student would not pass the aircraft on preflight checklist.

I think what you posted is funny, but I wouldn't want a non-pilot to get the impression that we wouldl willingly fly in an unairworthy aircraft.

Well no, I was talking about the condition of the aircraft, not the size. But judging by the initial poster's comments I don't think a 4 seater would be considered an improvement.

In actuality, the first FBO I started taking lessons with almost always had somthing wrong with the planes. Since many of the systems on a plane are fairly redundant it was never an issue, and usually it was more benign stuff like faulty door latches, seat adjusters that didn't, etc. I did have a navcom fail with a puff of smoke on one flight, which ended our lesson but again do to redundancy it was not an issue.

The incident with the fuel leak was what prompted me to switch to another FBO. The wing WAS visibly leaking fuel but the instructor and FBO owner determined it was slow enough not to cause a problem.

Last time I flew, about 4 years ago, they would not take off until the plane was full so you could sit there for several hours waiting for additional passengers. The ferry is much easier and in many cases just as fast.

I knew someone would ask me what service it was, I can't remember. I'd hate to name he wrong airline. This was 10 years ago, and I got drunk enough that night to forget most of it. :cheeky:
I am marrying a pilot, so I am (unfortunately) learning about scary stuff like that. Some airlines are more vigilant than others. I can believe the leaky fuel tank story! Just this weekend, a 737 owned by a charter company declared an emergency at his airport due to total hydraulic failure, it was the result of a patch-em-up, ship-em-out repair job on a leaking hydro line earlier last week. (everyone was ok). I am glad all airlines don't operate like that.

Back
Top Bottom