Puck Wrist Firmware Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samcraig

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey - just bought the Puck Wrist (and can't wait to dive Cozumel next month with it). I've never had a computer before...

My question is - you can check the firmware for the Puck - but what is the latest firmware? And is the firmware for the Puck updatable?

I can't find anywhere on the Mares site what the firmware version is/should be/latest number and/or any way to upgrade the firmware.

Thanks for any info - just want to make sure I'm diving with the most recent...

best,
Craig

you can see the firmware version in the system menu

If you never used the Puck before i suggest you read carefully the manual and take the Puck online class.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

you can see the firmware version in the system menu

If you never used the Puck before i suggest you read carefully the manual and take the Puck online class.http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/newreply.php?p=5917681&noquote=1

Alberto (aka eDiver)

As I mentioned above - I can see the firmware version. That wasn't my question. My questions were - is the firmware upgradeable? If so - how do I know if I have the latest/what IS the latest firmware?

p.s. I've read the manual back to front and I've also taken the class you linked to.

I've had a Puck for a couple years now and was wondering the same thing about upgrading the firmware. Let me know if you ever find out. Just looking on the Mares site tonight and just like the last time I looked registering my Puck there is not an option.

Jim

(Cozumel also - in one week)

I own a Puck too. A fine little computer. While it may possible to upgrade the firmware (depending in the internal architecture) it may not be a DIY process. The computer is digital but the input sensors (pressure and temperature) are analog. They would most likely need to be re-calibrated after the install. I can't think of an easy way to do this with out some special test gear.

Also, a dive computer is a specialized single purpose device to simulate nitrogen tissue loading. Unless there is some major advance in dive science I can't see any advantage in updates. (unless you need the latest facebook app on your Puck)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom