Puck vs Nemo Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blawler1

Reaction score
Lago Vista, Texas (on Lake Travis outside Austin)
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking to replace my Surveyor with a simple easy to use nitrox capable computer. I am looking at Mare's basic models, the Puck and the Nemo Sport. I am not including the M2 because of its size and as it uses the short lived AAA batteries (both characteristics of the Surveyor which I grew to dislike) I don't need a a huge dive log and I don't normally download this to my PC. I like back lighting for night dives and reliable no deco information. My theory of minimalist diving means smaller is most often better which gives the Nemo Sport a leg up, as it could pass for a wrist watch.

The Puck however, appears to be a newer model and I wonder if other than one button operation and being wrist/console mountable, if there are any other design features that make the Puck a better long term option than the Nemo in spite of its larger size.

I am hoping for comments from Mares techs or anyone with experience or knowledge of either of these two models.

Hi blawler,

We appreciate your interest in the Mares computers. I don't really foresee a difference between the two as far as long term benefits are considered. A couple benefits of the Puck is of course the larger display. This could be a long term benefit as we generally like to see bigger displays as we get older. :) Other benefit to the Puck is the user replaceable battery. If you travel, this is a great option. If you have any specific questions please feel free to post again. I hope this helps in your decision making process.

Best regards,

I heard different stories about the new Puck and batteries replacement...can I do it myself or not?

All puck computers are user replaceable batteries. Please use due dilligence when dealing with these orings or any other orings for that matter.

Best,

Thank you for your answer. I live in Canada, British Columbia, on Vancouver Island. I know there are some stores selling your products in Vancouver. I checked your website to find a store close to where I live but the ones you mention there do not seem to carry your products anymore...Would you know any store in Victoria or Nanaimo or anywhere on Vanc Island ?
I am interested in buying one of your semidry suit and I really need to try it on first...

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom