Puck Pro temperature pretty inaccurate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave22387

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I went diving today and all of the other divers computers said the water temp was between 71F and 73F. My puck said it was 78!!! I have been looking online for either tech support or an answer to no avail... Any ideas anyone?:confused:

Was this a wrist unit, which could explain the variance?

Zak

They were all wrist units. The puck is a wrist as well.

5 degrees is a "budget" pdc is likely possible.... quite honestly, what difference is the temperature displayed in this order of magnitude (or range) going to make?

I dive where it is going to read 35-45 degrees - cold is cold, I really don't care of a 5 degree difference between my main PDC and the Puck back-up....

It's not... Just seeing if this was a known issue or not.

If you dive really cold water with a PDC that is signalling "low battery" at room temp, then you better be prepared to have it totally fail underwater. Twice for me. Went to my backup. Recovers nicely when rewarmed topside...

It's not... Just seeing if this was a known issue or not.

"issue" and "Mares" are synonymous.....

oh pardon me, I'm a little UI - I should have said "response" or "solution" rather than "known issue"......

If it's new, I'd get a replacement before just assuming it's a design flaw. Not that it'll change your diving but you did pay for a computer that claims to be able to measure water temperature.

What are the specs for accuracy range? What are the specs for the other model? If each are at the extremes, what is the difference? Is the reported result within that range? Again, what does it matter? I'd be more concerned as to the NDL calculations.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom