Pt Lobos - conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did two dives today. It was pretty stirred up along the sand channel and on the shallow end of middle reef. A little further out (hole in the wall and beyond), the viz was incredible.

How incredible would you guess?

Last time I was there (7-11-08) the vis out of the cove was not so great. Even at the Lone Metridium it was probably 30-35 feet and we made it to 83 fsw and still it did not open up at all. We decided to only do the one dive that day. It worked out though because I had an appointment and this allowed me to make it without rushing.

we had 80' viz at Beto's Reef (100' depth)

Closer in, we had about 40' at the end of middle reef (60' depth)

about 10' viz at the South end of middle reef (30' depth)
and 5' viz closer in

Hmm, I would say 50-ish feet at lone metridium but REALLY bright. Rob says he thinks it was 80 feet at Beto's Reef. I don't know about numbers, but it was "wow" and possibly the best viz I have ever seen at Beto's.

It was murky in the sand channel, and then when we turned past Hole in the Wall, it got much clearer (but was dark because of kelp cover). Once we got to lone metridium it was suddenly very bright and blue. Rob was just remarking at dinner about how sometimes you get back from a long dive and say "where are we going for lunch?". As we were clipping stuff to our float after dive 1, I asked if we were doing another dive, and it was a unanimous "yes".

How incredible would you guess?

Last time I was there (7-11-08) the vis out of the cove was not so great. Even at the Lone Metridium it was probably 30-35 feet and we made it to 83 fsw and still it did not open up at all. We decided to only do the one dive that day. It worked out though because I had an appointment and this allowed me to make it without rushing.

back again today; visibility markedly decreased. Maybe 40' at Beto's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom