Pt-015?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tearless Tom

Reaction score
I had looked at the PT-015 at a local camera store. Salesman seemed knowledgable of the product. I am suppose to get it for my birthday later this month to go with our new C5050.

(Heading to Kona right after Mardi Gras 1st week of March. Can't wait to get wet!)

Anyway my question is the store had it for $199 and the salesman stated that it came WITH the weight and viewfinder shade.

B&H and others now show that all the parts are seperate which adds up to about the same price which makes me wonder. They are normally cheaper even with shipping.

So does the PT-015 come with the Shade and weight?

If it does not are they necessary?

Also what happened to Eggheads price of $134?

i got mine from newegg.com about a month or so ago and it came with the shade and weight for $134.

steve

Got mine from newegg 3 weeks ago. Came complete with weight and shade. $134 delivered.

I got mine from egghead several months ago and it came with weight and shade. I think you need to double check with B&H. They're never the cheapest but they aren't known for rips offs. Are you sure they aren't just showing what's included in the box rather than add-on accessories? If so, buy from somewhere else.

Egghead has them for $149.88 right now. CLICK HERE for the link.

Hummmm, $150.
Dee you think we (SB) caused the price increase? I KNOW of at least 4 or 5 that have been bought directly because of the discussions here and no telling how many closet readers have done so as well.

I don't know but I wondered that, too. I sat and figured about 15 people who have bought from them because of our discussions here, and that's just the one's I know of. Maybe we should apply for commissions! :rofl:

If that's the case Dee, I think I should get an "over-ride" since you bought yours after looking at mine!

Yea, I know, "The check's in the mail!" :jester:

Dee:
I got mine from egghead several months ago and it came with weight and shade. I think you need to double check with B&H. They're never the cheapest but they aren't known for rips offs. Are you sure they aren't just showing what's included in the box rather than add-on accessories? If so, buy from somewhere else.

Egghead has them for $149.88 right now. CLICK HERE for the link.

My mistake I didn't click on the what was included Tab at B&H. The Hood and Weight are included.

Price at Egghead has still gone up $20. What's up with that? As many of these as y'all have sold for them tell them we want a group discount!

Also, no one has addressed the buoyancy question? Is the weight needed? I think I would prefer it to be slightly positive just in case it got loose from me.

Thought on that from those that have used this. As of now the only underwater cameras that I have any experience with are the little Kodak disposables.

I had mine (PT-015 + C-5050 + weight) in last week in salt water and was slightly negative. You should be able to play around with it quite easily as it's easy to remove the weight.

newegg vs egghead??? newegg.com doesn't show any PT-015 as of today.

B&G has PT-015 at $159.95 and the C5050Z at $549.95. My desire for this set-up grows every day I look at this forum.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom