PT-015 and Quick Release Camera Strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMKChef

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a C5050 and the PT-015 housing. I finally got to dive with the camera and housing this past weekend in La Jolla with a great new dive buddy, TryMixDiver.

Anyway, my question is, what alternative is there to removing the stock camera strap, and putting it back on after using the housing? One weekend of this and it's annoying already. I thought about not putting the strap back on but don't like the lack of something to hold onto. I looked at the Tamrac camera straps with quick releases, but figured I'd ask before spending money.

Thanks guys.

...and get a coiled lanyard. It clips to your camera on one end, you on the other with a coiled cable between you. It also has a male/female clip on each end of the coiled part so that you can clip it together to contain it when not in use.

Mine isn't pink!

abw.jpg

Not the kind of strap he is looking for, Dee.

He want something when the camera is out of the housing.

SMKChef, consider a small gadget bag (just a tad bigger than the camera) with a strap, instead of a strap on the camera. This is what I use and feel it protects the camera better when I am carrying it around and keeps the d$#n strap out of my way when I want to use the camera...above or below the surface.

digitaldiver once bubbled...
Not the kind of strap he is looking for, Dee.

He want something when the camera is out of the housing.

I should pay attention when I read!

Looking at that strap, the connection to the camera is the smaller cable on the picture Dee attached and that would be much easier to remove and put back on than the stock strap. Thanks, I might just do that. And then I can use it on my PT housing for underwater too.

Dee once bubbled...

I should pay attention when I read!

No reason for you to keep quiet, because you were right. I am looking for someone to come up with a quick release strap for the camera that I can clip on and off when the camera is out of the housing.

digitaldiver once bubbled...
Okay.....
I'll shut up then. :huh:

actually I think you are right because that looks like a lanyard that SMKChef is talking about... Besides which that will more than double the weight of your 5050 on land - I know I have one (the strap that is!)

I think the problem with any quick release strap in the camera for land use is that it will actually leave something behind on the camera to attach it to.

It is a little annoying taking it on and off but for me I only attach it again once I know I won't be diving for a bit.

Jonathan

Keeping a strap on the camera when the camera is out of the case is a good thing. I did not have a strap on my 5050 and my screaming blue meanie daughter happened to knock it out of my hand.

The guy at the camera repair place tells me they call it "impact damage". ;-0

Back
Top Bottom