PST tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EliotD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have come into, at no cost to myself, a set of PST HP 109 doubles. The hydro is 6 months out of date and the tanks have been sitting for about 2 years....is it worth investing in hydro? I read here and there that PSTs fail hydro a lot...

Mine have never failed hydro. . . whats a hundred bucks for two hp 109's? seeing as how lds price for 100's runs about 400.00 but hey if u don't want them I just relocated to Lynchburg Va and would take em from you :wink: :wink:

No seriously though take them to the shop and when they break them apart to send them out have them just do a quick look to see if there is any obvious reason for them to fail if not what do u have to loose?

JB

Are you kidding??? Yes, it's worth it. The cost is minimal, and those are expensive tanks. Even if you don't keep them, they're worth much more with a fresh hydro.

I think most dive shops charge $20 to $25 for a hydro and $5 to $15 for a visual. Of course that price varies per shop and area. You'll also pay for two tanks also.

If you have one locally, you can take them direct to the hydro facility. We've got a full time hydro facility in town. I just got a hydro, vis, and air fill for $19 bucks. Can't beat it.

ForTheFight:
I have come into, at no cost to myself, a set of PST HP 109 doubles. The hydro is 6 months out of date and the tanks have been sitting for about 2 years....is it worth investing in hydro? I read here and there that PSTs fail hydro a lot...

Go for the hydro!

I'll be happy to take them off your hands... I'm sure you don't want those useless hunks of steel cluttering up your garage and I'd hate for you to anger the garbage man by making him throw them in the truck.

Make sure you go into the hydro shop with this PST bulletin in hand:

http://www.underctek.com/open/boards/bulletinD100.pdf

Please note that if you go through a dive shop, there is a very high possibility that the bulletin will not accompany your cylinder and it may therefore fail hydro.

Roak

roakey:
Make sure you go into the hydro shop with this PST bulletin in hand:

http://www.underctek.com/open/boards/bulletinD100.pdf

Please note that if you go through a dive shop, there is a very high possibility that the bulletin will not accompany your cylinder and it may therefore fail hydro.

Roak

Ah, that is what I was thinking about... okay, Ill have them hydro'd

aw shucks :wink: :wink:

I would say go for it. Most steel tanks that have been reasonable well taken care of will last for a good long time. I just did exactly what you are proposing with a pst steel hp80, and everything worked out fine. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom