PST High Pressure 80 or 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haha49

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
im wondering if the extra 20 cu is worth the extra 100 i plan on diveing 1 dive and thats it now im a big guy so size isnt an isuse just wondering if its worth the extra money they both hp tanks

I have both and the 80 is plenty for most of my dives but that is me making my dives with my buddies.

*How does your air consumption compare with others?
*Do you dives tend to be deep or more conservative shore dives?
*What size cylinders do your buddies have?

Mash all that together and make a decision. My average 1 hour shore dive around here burns a little over 50CF so lugging a 100 CF cylinder is a waste for example. If "big guy" includes being tall then the 100 by virtue of length may make it easier to manage your trim. Big guys tend to be high on air usage but that is only a general statement YMMV.

Pete

The E7 series 100 is no heavier than an AL 80 but is a lot shorter. If you are a big guy, consider the 120 as well - it gets you back to an AL 80 lenght.

im 6 3 260 lbs and an air pigy.. do only shore dives with no buddy i just do small dives a big tank isnt a problem but its the big price tag on it that is..

Purchase a Steel 80 cubic foot tank for the price of aluminum. That's right, $269.99. Purchase 2 and receive a free 10 fill air card.
Purchase one Steel 100 cubic foot tank for $349.99 or 2 for $339.99 each and receive a free 10 fill air card.
Purchase one Steel 119 cubic foot tank for $399.99 or 2 for $389.99 each with a free 10 fill air card.
Purchase one Steel 130 cubic foot tank for $449.99 or 2 for $439.99 each with a free 10 fill air card.​

My lovely bride uses a HP80 and I use the HP100. With our different SAC rates, it works out perfect - most of the time.

I would buy another, no issue.

im 6 3 260 lbs and an air pigy.. do only shore dives with no buddy i just do small dives a big tank isnt a problem but its the big price tag on it that is..

Purchase a Steel 80 cubic foot tank for the price of aluminum. That's right, $269.99. Purchase 2 and receive a free 10 fill air card.

Where do you shop that an AL80 costs $270? Around here they are about half that. Steel is still the better deal, however.

come to canada you get riped off every were doesnt matter what it always cost more here when you factor in duty and shiping its still cheaper to buy here.. i bought the 130 instead the thing ways a ton though..

Go with a HP 100, i have both an 80, a 100 and a 120, when i use my 100 it tends to be for deeper dives or i do two dives with the 100 or the 120. The HP 80's though have their advantages. I love using my 80 because it is so easy to handle, you cant go wrong with either of the tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom