PST E7-100 and weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
..stopped by the LDS over the weekend and what's this? A PST E7-100? After reading how scarce these pups can be, I knew I had to go for it! That being said, my question is...I've been diving rental AL80's (not sure of manufacturer but not the neutrally buoyant variety) and carrying 18 pounds of weight. LDS said with E7-100 properties
(-1.0 empty and -8.5 full) I should be able to drop approximately 6 pounds from BCD...is this an fair estimate?

Yes, fair estimate. I dive both e7-100s and e7120s. use a bp/w with 6lb ss back plate and 2lbs in each of two trim pockets for a total of 10lbs. i also wear a 3mm jumpsuit. diving w/ rented AL 80s w/ same setup i wear 16lbs. hope this helps...

Thanks for the info...yes, it has helped. I'm a fairly new diver...sometimes I'm comfortable I already know the answer to the question I am posting but it helps to get experienced feedback to confirm what I believe.

great tanks, you're going to love it...5 pounds worked for me too...

I changed from rental non-neutral al80's to Faber HP 80s, and I dropped 16lbs during one weekend... I am still recovering from the shock. Being new it took me 3 dives to nearly bonk onto the rocks in the bottom until I believed, and removed the excess weight - I had cautiously started by taking 7lbs off (other gear remained same btw).

Anyhow, anybody able to give a logic how one could count the drop in weight from HP80 to HP100 (barring brand differences) - I am concerned of getting into situation of no weight to ditch when looking for next bottle... and I sure have to admit I did not count correct the first time.

piikki
(and I thought I was really silly buying tanks before bc, at least I did not invest in those humongous weight pockets...)

Just got back from my third dive with this tank. I dropped from 14 to six lbs with a 3 mm wetsuit and 4 lbs with just a bathing suit. I dove today with 4 lbs and the wetsuit and was okay to start but at the end of the dive I was just a little light. I am still trying to adjust the up and down position of the tank for trim. I tend to roll backwards so I moved all my weight to the forward part of the Zeagel weight baggie. This helped.
Oh well at least it is fun to play with this stuff.

You will love the tank. The real downside is travel. Very few places rent steel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom