PST E7 100/120HP tank users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Folks I own a couple of E7100 HP tanks and I am considering a E7120HP tank as a Nitrox tank. I like steel and my E7100s are great (I like the smaller Dia tank), but for Nitrox I am looking to extend bottom time with a slighty larger tank.

So my question is for those of you who use both the 100 and 120, are there any significant bouancy or weight distrobution problems when switching from the 100 to the 120 or vs versa.

When diving wet I do not use any extra wgt beyond my plate and sta, so I am sure that will remain unchanged. I will have to find the balance point of the 120.

When diving dry, I am diving a plate and sta plus 10 lbs, again the balance of the 120 I will need to find, will I require more wgt for the extra tank size?

Your experanced opinions are welcome, thanks

The difference is only about 1# (with the 120's being lighter). I have never done anything differently to accomodate for that 1# difference, and Ive been fine.

I have a couple E7-120s, but have not used the E7-100s, but all I would think you would have to do, if anything, would be perhaps to adjust your trim a bit by playing with the position of the tank.

I own both the 100s and the 120s - the 120 is longer. For some people this makes the tank uncomfortable. If you're fairly tall it won't be a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom