PSI Cylinder Inspector Course in Orlando in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Marine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
What is the required refresher / recert interval?

What is the required refresher / recert interval?

Three years.

Yup three years or in extended circustances four. Always best to do it at DEMA when they do the refresher in mass for $30 or $35 per person.

Luis is correct it is a MAXIMUM of 3 years. There is no 4 year interval, it is driven by OSHA Hazmat regs. which require training within 90 days of hire, at least every 3 years or when job duties change.

Currently, REFRESHERS are $150 at DEMA or any other time & UPDATES are $35 at DEMA or any other time.

UPDATES are a 1 hour "what is new & what has changed over the last year" review. Taking one every year is the best option to stay in compliance. Should you let the 3 year interval lapse, you need to take the REFRESHER.

The REFRESHER is the full blown course given at a discounted rate in recognition of your PSI rating. If you have any questions contact me directly, send me a priveate message thru SB, or stop by and see me at the PSI booth at DEMA.

Hope this helps!

Gary

Can a one hour update course really meet the requirement for recurrent hazmat training? The course is supposed to be provided by the employer, so it can be at least somewhat location-specific. And it's the employer who is required to keep records concerning the training, including copies of the course material and testing results.

BTW the 3-year hazmat training requirement is from the DOT not OSHA.

Luis is correct it is a MAXIMUM of 3 years. There is no 4 year interval, it is driven by OSHA Hazmat regs. which require training within 90 days of hire, at least every 3 years or when job duties change.

Currently, REFRESHERS are $150 at DEMA or any other time & UPDATES are $35 at DEMA or any other time.

UPDATES are a 1 hour "what is new & what has changed over the last year" review. Taking one every year is the best option to stay in compliance. Should you let the 3 year interval lapse, you need to take the REFRESHER.

The REFRESHER is the full blown course given at a discounted rate in recognition of your PSI rating. If you have any questions contact me directly, send me a priveate message thru SB, or stop by and see me at the PSI booth at DEMA.

Hope this helps!

Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom