pscs3 raw detail and sharpening

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

im just back from a diving holiday and i had a great time

i have 670 images to process and about 50 of them are cracking pictures

i usually convert to jpeg and i adjust wb using the spot adjustment tool, i try different settings until the color looks right then i convert

when i look at the preview of the picture it usually looks grainy and not very sharp

any suggestions on what to do with the detail settings to get the image as sharp as possible

thanks

Are you in bridge? There is a setting for low and high res previews there, so make sure that you have it set correctly or your images will look "off" :wink:

i usually convert to jpeg and i adjust wb using the spot adjustment tool,
But don't convert to jpeg and then do your processing - that's pointless, might as well shoot jpeg in the first place. Do your editing before you convert so you have ALL of the information your camera captured to work with.

Do your sharpening after you convert to the file type and size that you are outputting. Sharpening will be different for web than it would be for a 20x30 print. I find that for web a touch of unsharp from the Filters menu in CS2/3 works just fine.

i dont think im in bridge, i have lightroom and i import directly to there, ill try one out now and let u know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom