Provo Turtle Divers - Two thumbs up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richardbrown77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All - I mainly lurk about on the board as I am a typical vacation diver who would be diving a ton more but location and situation doesn't allow for it.

We are all very quick to point out dive operators who are to be avoided but I feel it is important to post ones who do a great job as well. I was recently in the Turks and Caicos Islands, on Provo and dove with Provo Turtle Divers, who in one word, were brilliant.

My experience started with meeting Nikki for a refresher who was fantastic for my whole duration with PTD. I did a refresher as it had been a couple of years since my last dive and she was very helpful and got me right back in the saddle. I did 6 dives with them, diving with Dave (the owner) and Mark, both whom were excellent.

The boat is large and comfortable and got you out to the sites in good time. We were given a decent dive briefing with a plan of the site and what to look out for. A dive master would accompany the group on every dive and they had no problems with the more experienced divers going off and doing their own thing, within reason, once they were happy seeing the persons dive skills. I normally stick with the DM as it makes sense to me as they know where all the good stuff is but each to their own. Snacks were provided between dives and your tanks changed in seconds to allow you to sit back and relax. All the crew were very, very personable, answering all questions asked which I am sure they must here the same ones 20 times a week but you never got the feeling they were getting annoyed with them.

The diving itself was fantastic, visibility was brilliant and the reef was very alive with lots of fish. As most of the dives are wall dives there was several times you would look out into the deep blue and see some good sized reef sharks coming up out of the blue. This was my first experience with Caribbean Reef Sharks and they seem to me to hang around more so than their reef shark cousins. Not sure how much of this is to do with divers spear fishing versus natural curiosity but it I thoroughly enjoyed having they stick around.

Big thanks to Dave, Melinda, Nikki, Mark (even though he is a Man Utd fan!) and Art for a wonderful diving experience and I thoroughly recommend them if you are off to the TCI’s.

Provo Turtle Divers - Home Page

Hi Richard,
Thanks for sharing your experience and the link with everyone.
Must be helpful for those who are planning to visit Provo. I have checked the link and read their commitment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom