Providenciales Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'll be heading to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos soon and am looking for a good (non cattle boat) dive operator as well as any don't miss dive spot recommendations you all may have. Any tips will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

1) click here - http://www.scubaboard.com/search.php
2) type provo into the keywords box
3) select "Greater Carribean & Bahamas" from the list of forums.
4) click Search - you will see many threads with information on this. (and almost all of them will say Caicos Adventures is best.)

Been going for years. Caicos Adventures is the best.

You are gonna get a flood of responses....Fifi and Caicos Adventures is the way to go. Great boat and amenities.

Ocean Vibes is my personal recommendation. Small boat. Personal service. Knows the places go. Have dove with him, Wayne, several times. Very laid back and tailors dives to those diving with him.

www.oceanvibes.com

One thing I have learned over the years is that some dive operators actually give perks to people/U.S. dive shops to "talk up" their operation on boards like this. Therefore, I would explore your choices thoroughly.

Caicos Adventures was great when we were there. We would definately use them again.

Bieszczat:
One thing I have learned over the years is that some dive operators actually give perks to people/U.S. dive shops to "talk up" their operation on boards like this. Therefore, I would explore your choices thoroughly.

I resent that implication. I have been diving with Fifi for over a decade. I don't know of one instance where he has paid off someone to talk up his op. He doesn't have to he runs the best one on the island and he knows it. The fact that there are no negative reviews on this Board should be proof enough.

Tim,

I did not intend to strike a nerve with you or Fifi, but something obviously struck you as personal in my comment. As with any opinion, not everyone likes the same things or ways of doing things....especially diving.

ONESPEED, based on 1000 logged dives, I assume would have a very personal preference on how to dive. He/She probably knows what to look for in their preferred dive operator.

I have never dove with Fifi, therefore I will not offer an opinion for or against. My comment was just general input for any diver doing research. To look at all the opinions and check them out personally if possible by internet, email, and/or phone. Because, whether we like it or not, diving is a business and this is free advertising space targeted towards divers....which I have learned personally.

Peace,

Tony

I had a great experience with Provo Turtle Divers. Very personal service, they respected the skill of the individual divers and helped those with less experience. There was no more than 6-8 of us on the boat, the lunch was tasty and the knowledge of the dive sites was excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom