Prototype canister for light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sartek has been making excellent canisters with screw on caps for years, with good results.

Cable twist can be avoided by making both ends removable, so you load the battery pack in from the bottom.

My DiveRite LED700 uses a twist-on battery cap, just turn the whole thing upside down and screw the canister into the lid, not vice-versa. No cable twist after damn near a year of using it.

350xfire: are you integrating the o-rings into the lid, the canister body, or both?? Have you done any research into what's the better method??

Peace,
Greg

O ring at this time is on the lid and it is squeezed onto the top of the body when tightened. At some point, I may try to have an oring that seals against the canister wall. I don;t know if needed, though.

I don't see why this idea will not work. Although I would be concerned that only having it hand tight, it might turn out slightly during a dive. I threaded the bottom of my canister, (because I used pvc tube instead of solid delrin) and I put two holes in the bottom for a tool to tighten it. I used the tool used to tighten/loosen wheels on a 4 1/2" electric grinder, so I matched the hole pitch to the tool. I can tighten it much tighter than with any other method.

Hey Beaster, Do you have any pics you can share? I dive only rec depths and thought pvc might work just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom