Proton Metal Octo did not come with Superflex hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jeff,
I just reviewed our correspondance and the last conversation I have on record is that you were going to be travelling for a couple of weeks and we would see where it goes. I also sent a note to our Canadaian manager to contact the store, but it certainly could have fallen through the cracks. This is a very busy time of year with DEMA, and end of year business. If this is the case I apologize and will forward to him again as well. In addition your store could call him. I am certain he would be happy to help out. If you would still like me to engage, let me know and we'll work it out. I do hope you have a Merry Christmas and we will get this sorted out..

Sincerely,

Jeff,

This is your LDS. There has been a hose waiting here since you last came in about a month ago. We have not heard from you since then (Mid-end Nov) When you were in we had said we would fix you up. We have not heard from our Mares Sales rep regarding this but we took a hose out of inventory to get you going. You just have to come get it.

Thanks,
Doug

Jeff,

We have sent this hose with Mar down your way for the new years day dive. You can grab it from her if you like or it will be back here at the shop next week.

just a note about the superflex hose it does not stay clipped up in the hose clip octo holders very well. it is just a little smaller than standard lp rubber hose.

Hi c5diver

I have experienced this to, and have tried several methods, but without success.

In the end I found a yellow textile tape (from 3M i believe) in local supermarket that I have wrapped around the flexhose about 2 cm from the hose protector. When the hose retainer is attached, the tape prevents it from "gliding" and still makes it easy to release.

CAUTION: (not verified from Mares !)

1. Don't use "Gaffa"/"Duct tape" on diving hoses, either standard og flexhose, because the glue is based on rubber and can start a chemical reaction that may damage the inner rubber tube !

2. NEVER user PVC (PolyVinyl Chloride) based tape with diving hoses, either standard og flexhose, because the PCV can start a chemical reaction that may damage the inner rubber tube !

Regards,
Jakob

Back
Top Bottom