ProPlusII Backlight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PapaDiver

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I both dive with Oceanic Proplus 2 dive computers that I bought in May 2005. I either diving in areas that have plenty of light, or very little and I have to have a flashlight on for the whole dive. Therefore I rarely use the back light function, I just shine my light on the gauge. Yesterday, I was using the back light function while diving, and I still needed a flashlight to read my screen clearly. I swam over to my wife and pressed her backlight and it was much brighter than mine. My computer reads full battery power. It does light up green, just not as bright as my wifes. Is there an adjustment function to make my screen brighter to where I can read it in a low/no light situation.

I don't know of one.

How old is the battery? It might be full enough for the computer, but the backlight might be a strain.

I've logged about 60 dives with this computer. I'll replace the batteries and see if that makes a difference. I'll post back if it works or not. Thanks for the help.

PapaDiver:
I've logged about 60 dives with this computer. I'll replace the batteries and see if that makes a difference. I'll post back if it works or not. Thanks for the help.

Remember to be careful with the o-ring! The Oceanic kit includes a new o-ring and I'd suggest replacing yours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom