ProPlus vs Proplus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh689

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all,

I have the Proplus(the first one) dive comp and I was wondering what changes where made when the Proplus2 came out?
Will the oceanlog and data cable for proplus2 work on my proplus?

The II is a far better computer. If nothing else, it goes through batteries at about 1/10 the rate of the old Pro Plus. In addition, it uses a much more common battery. You can find it at Lowes and Home Depot.

The interface is improved and it has a lot more functionality. I believe all Oceanic computers use the same data cable.

-Charles

What about "Oceanlog" will it work for my proplus?

The current oceanlog software does not support the pro plus computer and their is no usb cable for the pro plus either.

O thats lame, some one on here had the pro plus and they as able to send it to Oceanic and bought a proplus2 at cost. dose any one know who it was, or how to do it?

They did at one time have a upgrade program, give them a call and see if it's still going on. Their phone number is on their website.

.... I have the Proplus(the first one) dive comp and I was wondering what changes where made when the Proplus2 came out? ....

I don't know about the Pro Plus .... but you can find out EXACTLY what the Pro Plus 2 does in our class:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I called Oceanic and asked them about the "upgrade" and they said, I can send it in, give them $375 and the will send me a new Pro Plus 2 or I can go through a dealer i just wanted to post that so every one will know what to do or what it will cost.

Yea. Sorry about that. The Pro Plus 2 and all of the newer computers can use Oceanlog. The $375 trade in is a great deal. The Pro Plus 2 is selling for around $700.

Two of my buddies use the Pro Plus 2. It's a great computer. LOVE the big display on it.

-Charles

Back
Top Bottom