Proper Dry suit use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris D

Reaction score
Hi all
I live in the uk and did me OW in early aprill in a wet suit OUCH it was shokingly cold - i have since bought a dry suit and had orientation but am still left confused because i have been diving in it and noticed diffrent dry suit divers using diff styles - whats the best way to get rid of that squezze before you get to 20 meters or what ever.
and will a trilam suit be ok for winter diving i have a 100 and a 200g undersuit and can get them both of them on comfy like under it ???

cheers for your help

Chris Davies

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/crunchit

Being in Texas, I'm not a dry suit diver (yet), but I remember one of my friends who is saying something about adding air into the dry suit to prevent the squeeze. (like adding air into your mask through your nose)

Are you doing that?

Hi Chris, add just enough air to take the squeeze off. Do it gradually as you descend. Your trilam should be fine for all sorts of diving. Just vary the thermal protection that you wear with it.

-kate

You probably already know this but when i did my first dry-suit dive....i was with three instructors at the time and i was doing my dry-suit specialty and no-one told me how to relieve squeeze in the legs.

Incase you didnt know...lie horizontal and the air rushes to your legs...I just wish I knew that before I went on my drysuit speciality...it would have meant a lot less bruises!

Have fun -x-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom