Promoting your Face Book page

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amberjoy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Any suggestions for the best ways to maximise the reach of an under water photography face book page? Thank you! :)

You have the ability to pay Facebook for exposure.....IIRC you only pay for the exposure you get and you determine ahead of time how far you want to reach out. Obviously, the more relevant the content, the better presented the page, the more active the members.......all this leads to a more popular page. Every time somebody posts on your page, someone else can see it and they then have the opportunity to navigate to your site to join.

This is a very unprofessional opinion and I am sure that others will have better advice but it is something to consider anyway.

As someone who does this for a living, there's really two main tips:

1. Pay attention to your insights and see what kind of stuff people are liking/sharing/commenting on and post more like that and at those times/days.
2. Pay for exposure. Target your ads correctly and you can get likes for <$0.03 each. With more fans of your page, you'll get more likes/comments/shares.

Art websites, diving websites and magazines (diving, sports, leisure, marine, tourism), friends. I'm sure any of those sources will be more than happy enough to credit your contributions.

Honestly, the best way to maximize the reach is to put things on the webpage that people see and want to share. In my newsfeed, every day, I have a ton of photographs and a handful of articles that people have found and thought were sufficiently amazing that their friends should see them. High quality content goes viral, but if your content is no different from anyone else's, it won't spread very hard, even if you pay for "likes". I have now reached the point where I won't even go LOOK at a page that is running a contest ("Like this and you're entered to win a . . . ") or any page that appears to be angling for posts or likes (like the shocking photos, or the ones that say, "Give this a caption."). I go look at things that make me want to look at them, and there are actually a lot of those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom