Prolonging dive watch battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
a9565141917d4474f2a8b9feb3d1aa4e.jpg
Hi all. I'm hoping to get some opinions on prolonging the life of a freshly-replaced battery in my Citizen AY5000-05L. I've just forked out £63 for a battery change and would obviously like it to last as long as possible as my diving is very infrequent (l last dived 8 years ago..... :( ). My thoughts are to unscrew the crown and withdraw it to the time-set position in order to stop the motion. I will then place it in a small Ziploc bag with a couple of silica gel sachets to absorb any inherent moisture and then seal the bag and place it somewhere cool and dry until required for the next dive in however many months/years that may be. Has anyone tried this before and can tell me if it worked or should l just let the watch run continuously with the crown in place and just bite the bullet whenever the battery needs replacing however often required? I'd welcome any thoughts, suggestions, advice, etc. Cheers :)

Bite the bullet and let it run.

If you are like me in a year you will have moved the battery or forget where it lay or misplaced the watch... Just let it run and replace the battery as needed - it is small $$ compared to the price of diving...

why not just get an automatic seiko or orient?

hell, for 63 pounds you could have bought a new invicta pro diver automatic

Bite the bullet and let it run.

If you are like me in a year you will have moved the battery or forget where it lay or misplaced the watch... Just let it run and replace the battery as needed - it is small $$ compared to the price of diving...

For the £200 l paid for the watch, believe you me, I will definitely NOT forget where l put it!!!! :D

Just let it run and accept battery changes OR replace it with an automatic or an Eco-drive if you really like Citizen Quartz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom