Profile pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In your picture editing software, under edit maybe...What are you using?

kelp elite:
How can I bring the pixels on my pics to 500x500 so I can post it on my profile..seems all my pics are 700+
Thanks
Use some sort of Photo Editor. On a Window PC, Microsoft Paint is probably installed. Or any variant of Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Adobe Image Ready, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoImpact or any other Photo editing s/w you might have. You can also download ACDSee, an image cataloger with photo enhancing capabilities built in. It's free.

You'll need to resize the image using the image size function till it's under 500 pixels in the bigger dimension. Also change the resolution to 72 ppi. and the filesize should be small enough. I think SB allows your profile pic to be up to 100K. If the image is still too big after resizing/changing the rez, you'll have to compress it using the programs .jpg compression option, usually this is a slider or a value you change to worsen the resolution slightly to reduce the filesize.

PM if you have any further questions,

Steve

Back
Top Bottom