ProEar 2000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

monagirl

Registered
Reaction score
To cut a long story short .. (not my best attribute)

I have a little head and I was advised to try out the ProEar2000. I always wear a hood because it makes my ears feel better .. I do seem to have more of a problem with one ear the more dives I do for some unknown reason .. probably psychological, but it doesnt seem to help to know it! ANYWAY, there is no where I can find here to try it on .. I am worried it will be too big and its not cheap .. Anyone have any experience with little heads and the ProEar 2000?

I keep looking through the comments and I apologize if it has been addressed, I just cant find it!

Appreciated x

I looked into these about a year ago. The marketing makes it sound good. Dunno if works in reality or what the sizing is like. It seems adjustable. What I've wondered is how does it work once you've flooded your mask, and what if it develops a leak around the earpieces?

I went a different route poked a tiny hole (with a hot wire and the hood off!) right where the ear canal is on my cool water hood and that helped with ear clearing. Haven't tried this yet with my cold water hood.

Scubatoys.com has them cheaper than anywhere else. Link. Dunno what shipping to you would be like. PM Larry (scubatoys), he hangs out here and since he stocks them he might be able to answer your questions.

Its base mask is just an IST M80 that is OEMed under a lot of names, the Oceanic X-Site comes to mind. They fit most people. Saw a used ProEar 2000 on Ebay this week for $0.99 starting bid. Also, you can't wear normal hoods with it but there is a specialized one you can get.

I had a friend who could go no deeper than about 20ft. That is until he got the Pro Ear 2000. We all made fun of him the first day but it really worked for him. Thank goodnes I dont need it, but still its a good idea. Ask you LDS to order one or something similar for you.

Did go to scubatoys, he is checking for me .. I do hope to be the proud owner of one before my sinai trip (very excited)

Did try to check the masks suggested, little on the technical side for me .. I dive with a Mares Target .. great line of thought, I found someone who uses one and their back up mask is a Mares Target .. good idea!

On the thumbs up, I went for it. To buy one here is a little on the complicated side .. I am still at a loss how we managed to be part of the development team .. yet we dont actually sell it .. but hey .. I have some great dive sites on my doorstep .. complaining is just ungrateful ..

Thank you x

liberato:
https://www.proear2000.com/shop/shop.asp (but you have to pay 3 times what it is worth).

Sorry, I obviously wasnt clear ..

Scubatoys (Larry) is looking into shipment for me .. Their prices are far more reasonable .. I am sure shipping will be reasonable .. its usually just the import duty that is a killer .. I was just making the point that its silly that you can not buy it here .. Its a bit like the fact that we invented sea water purification, we have little drinking water and a huge coast line, yet we still do not have a water purification plant .. bizarre

BTW I have seen the prices on the "official site", very impressive I thought!

liberato:
Why wouldn't you be able to buy it there (assuming you did not mind the price). It looks like a Tel Aviv phone number.

The long story ..
There is only a fax number .. which is "not available"
The e-mail addresses come back, I think it was "over quota" .. but it could have be time relay ..
Telephone enquiries can not get a phone number without an address and our internet yellow pages shows nothing for Safe Dive Ltd .. I thus assumed that actually, this company no longer exists, another company in the states has taken over its operations and it all gets forwarded through them, but was not going to put my credit card details in to check! I guess if Larry comes back to me :( I can ask him

This lead me to this thread .. and the rest is history ..

My problem was that I am not sure if it will fit, if I did find a shop here, they would be ordering it specially, so if it did not fit, my problem .. so there is no advantage whatsoever (okay, other than support my own economy I guess) to buy it from here .. if anyone actually sold it ..

I did not realise the "depth" in which people go to help here .. sorry, maybe I should have explained in more detail .. but i think divers like to help :)

Back
Top Bottom