Problems with underexposed RAW images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdoyal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All-
I'm seeing some vertical lines of noise when converting RAW files in CS2 that are more than one stop underexposed. Any idea where they are coming from and how to eliminate them?
Thanks!

Not sure where they are coming from but try using Noise Ninja to get rid of them. It's available from Picture Code. It's a Photoshop Plug-in and it works great. May not get rid of all the noise but it will definately help. Download the custom profiles for your camera if you get it.

What camera do you have? Does it include RAW software? Do you have the right plug in for CS for your camera?

No idea if it makes a difference or not...but might want it check it out.

cdoyal:
Hello All-
I'm seeing some vertical lines of noise when converting RAW files in CS2 that are more than one stop underexposed. Any idea where they are coming from and how to eliminate them?
Thanks!

If you are using RAW may I suggest you look at Breezesystems and check out the capabilities of BreezeBrowzer Pro? I have been using it for about a year now and it does absolutely flawless conversions of RAW images and has a number of "correction" settings you can make prior to doing the conversion.
What ISO setting are you shooting at by the way? I've noticed when I go up to the 400 ISO level I get what I feel to be an unacceptable amount of noise in my pix. Might try to do 50 or 100 and increase the output on your flash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom