Problems with Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you know one thing I notice about these threads is that no one ever complains about walmart, target, sears, macy's etc it is always the small stores, ie dive shops . . .

Wonder how many people have a bad experience at one of those places and continues to shop there. . .

Walmart, Target, Sears & Macy's don't get complained about on Scubaboard because they don't sell SCUBA equipment.

This is SCUBA board, not HanesUnderwearBoard or HotpointToasterBoard or OverpricedFauxFrenchFashionsBoard.

Last edited:
you know one thing I notice about these threads is that no one ever complains about walmart, target, sears, macy's etc it is always the small stores, ie dive shops . . .

Wonder how many people have a bad experience at one of those places and continues to shop there. . .

Wal Mart Stores Forum - Topix
walmart-blows.com forum

Sorry I had to post those links. This is the internet and if someone wants to complain they will. Sometimes it is justified, sometimes it is not.

Last edited:
Best way to sort out issues with online retailers is always over the telephone.

So what is the diving like in Israel?

That's a bit of topic, but I couldn't leave that question untouched.

Well, I'm a bit biased, but it's great!!
we have the Mediterranean in the west where diving condition are good but most of the dives are from a boat and the visibility varies significantly on a daily basis, And the red sea in the south.
The red sea is great, very good visibility most of the time, a lot of beautiful reefs.
The surface starts with a shallow "shelf" of 6m depth with very nice reefs - great way to spend your safety stop. and the a quite steep slope down towards the depths, with "shelfs" along the way.
We have some nice wrecks (a bit small on a global scale, but hey, it's home...) some shallow 25-30 m, other deeper, I don't do tech yet but I understood there's a nice wreck at 102m.
Almost all of the dives are conducted from the shore with very easy access.

Since Israel has a very short shoreline of the red sea it's a bit like a "taste of Sinai", which is just around the fence...

There quite a few diving clubs in Eilat with courses in almost any level and tech dives.
the price of the courses is quite fair but equipment price is a bit high IMHO.

The city of Eilat (the red sea) is a tourist city (no TAX..) and you can find accommodation form five stars hotels to a 10$ a night hostel...

Walmart, Target, Sears & Macy's don't get complained about on Scubaboard because they don't sell SCUBA equipment.

This is SCUBA board, not HanesUnderwearBoard or HotpointToasterBoard or OverpricedFauxFrenchFashionsBoard.

Wal Mart Stores Forum - Topix
walmart-blows.com forum

Sorry I had to post those links. This is the internet and if someone wants to complain they will. Sometimes it is justified, sometimes it is not.

I realize it isn't, however everyone whines and complains about every other aspect of everything on here . . .

BTW Sabbath999 - have you ever gone to HanesUnderwearBoard.com? :)

BTW Sabbath999 - have you ever gone to HanesUnderwearBoard.com? :)

This is where LB comes out of the mod-closet and reveals to us that he is a Senior MODERATOR at HanesUnderwearBoard.com :rofl3:

This is where LB comes out of the mod-closet and reveals to us that he is a Senior MODERATOR at HanesUnderwearBoard.com :rofl3:

nope, I am an inner elastic member over there. . . sort of like the advisors here on SB . . .

To your request the story with as much details as I could, I removed details I though are irrelevant, private or made the post to long.

I ordered a Ranger LTD BC on the 21.6 and got confirmation in a few minutes.
21.6 scuba.com:
Your Scuba.com Order Has Been Placed Dear Customer,
Thank you for your purchase! We really appreciate the opportunity to serve you.
Your order number is 00000

22.6 scuba.com:
"Your Scuba.com order # xxxx has been put on hold" , "International orders are subject to the following guidelines..."

23.6 scuba.com:
"Thank you very much for the kind help you have provided in processing your order. As a courtesy, we have calculated your shipping fees to be $215.00 USD."

24.6 - me:
"Thank you for your reply,
The shipping charges you mentioned (215$) is very high, can I divert the shipping address into a local US address.
If so, is it still eligible for free shipping?"

25.6 me:
"Since the shipping charge is very high please see if you can redirect the shipping to the following address:
to xxxx xxxx
co xxxx xxxx
0000 xxxxll St.
Brooklyn,NY 11213
Thanks,"

25.6 scuba.com:
"We can ship to the address you wish, however the only form of payment we will be able to accept for your order (no matter where it ships) is a wire transfer. Would you like to proceed?"

28.6 my reply:
"Yes please,
I would require the following details:
Beneficiary name
Account with bank
Account No.
SWIFT code
Bank to bank information.

Are there any other details I should add?"

1.7 me:
"Awaiting your reply."

1.7 scuba.com:
"Please send $815.18 un US Dollars to
Bank: XXXXXXXX
Acct #: XXXXXXXX
Name: Scuba.com, Inc.
ABA (routing #): XXXXXXX
Orders are subject to a $25.00 processing fee for orders totaling less than $250.00 that are shipped outside the United States.
Be aware that the customer is responsible for all bank wire fees. Be sure to give the bank enough to cover all fees and still have us transferred the correct amount."

2.7 me:
"Dear customer service,
Thank you for your reply.
The price should be $600.18, why did you write: "Please send $815.18 un US Dollars to"
further more we agreed on an inside US sipping to the following address:
to Xxxx Xxxx
co Xxxx Xxxx
0000 Xxxx St.
Brooklyn,NY 11213

Please see previous correspondences."

5.7 scuba.com:
"Because of the shipping charge, it is NOT free shipping to Israel. Shipping is $215.

Best regards,
Customer Service"

5.7 me:
"Dear customer service,

Please allow me to clarify my question.
As I mentioned below, the order has been redirected to a US address, no shipping to Israel is required.
The term by you guys was to make the payment via wire transfer instead of a VISA credit card.

The new shipping address is a local US in New York:

to Xxxx Xxxx
co Xxxx Xxxx
0000 Xxxx St.
Brooklyn,NY 11213
US

The wire transfer details are:

Bank: xxxxxxx
Acct #: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Name: Scuba.com, Inc.
ABA (routing #): xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since this is a local shipping address (with over 250$ purchase) the sum should be 600.18$ with all transfer fees on the buyer (me..).

Please make sure all the details I wrote are correct before I conduct the wire transfer.

Thank you very much,"

12.7 scuba.com:
"OK your new total is $615.13 to be sent via wire transfer to the information that we sent you already.

Best regards,
Customer Service"

12.7 me:
"Dear customer service.
I'm deeply unsatisfied with the level of service you present.
This comes as a big surprise because i haven't read on such cases on "ScubaBoard".

Please read my Emails before you reply.

Pleas explain where did the figure "$615.13" came from.

Please update order status on web.

Please let me feel comfortable and secure before I wire transfer funds..."

14.7 scuba.com:
"You can look at your order directly online to see all the figures and the total under order status from the home page.

Best regards,
Customer Service"

14.7 me:
"Really? have you checked it yourself?
Because when I enter scuba.com website, press "Order Status", go to "6/21/2009 $600.18", I see this:
///uriho: picture of their web site///

"Order Status: This is a deleted order"?

"Payment Method: CreditCard"?

Where are the items? Where is the price?

By the way on my "Home page" I can see this:
Order History
Order Date Amount
6/21/2009 $600.18

Not 615.13$, this is an over 250$ purchase with local shipping, which means it should be free shipping. So what is the 14.95$ for?"

14.7 scuba.com:
"The $14.95 is your shipping charge.

Best regards,
Customer Service"

///end///

I will update as things will progress...

Uri

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom