Problems with chat log in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubMariner

C'est Moi
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Recently my hard drive crashed. So I reset my main SB password. But of course now the chat is a different thing altogether. I asked for a reset. Jumped through hoops & now it doesn't recognize the password it supposedly sent???

I try to get another, but it tells me I have to wait 15 minutes. Why? It's going to the same email address as what's on record for me that supposedly it sent the information to in the first place.

Why is there now this extra layer of frustration for the chat? Why does it require a separate log in? :banghead:

Chat requires a separate login because it's not part of scubaboard. The Chat does not have access to the ScubaBoard database. It is a completely separate product from ScubaBoard.

This also means that I can't offer any support for the chat, as I don't actually have access to any of the inner workings.

The Chat is provided by AddonChat Chat Software - HTML5 Chat and Instant Messaging Software

Back
Top Bottom