Problem with Shearwater Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

getalife

Registered
Reaction score
Recently, my peregrine cannot turn on after charging. I followed the instructions to turn it on but it still doesn't work. I think the computer has not malfunctioned because it can display something on the screen when charging. Anyone has encountered this problem before?

Try soaking it in warm-to-hot water for a few minutes and then compressing both buttons on the sides. I didn't do a good job of getting mine clean after a trip and those buttons basically 'froze'. I thought my battery was dead. After soaking it the buttons got 'unstuck' and it was good to go. IF that's the problem, I recommend rinsing in RUNNING water at the end of each dive day while pressing those buttons. If that's not the problem ... maybe Shearwater will have a better answer? Good luck!

What kind of question is that? Why would you call Shearwater to ask them about a problem with a Shearwater computer? Dog what are you thinking??
Did you ever stop to think folks might first do a quick check here given how many people own SW computers that might have experienced something similar?

Try soaking it in warm-to-hot water for a few minutes and then compressing both buttons on the sides. I didn't do a good job of getting mine clean after a trip and those buttons basically 'froze'. I thought my battery was dead. After soaking it the buttons got 'unstuck' and it was good to go. IF that's the problem, I recommend rinsing in RUNNING water at the end of each dive day while pressing those buttons. If that's not the problem ... maybe Shearwater will have a better answer? Good luck!

Definitely try this. I’ve started rinsing mine with fresh water immediately after every charter or shore dive. The buttons on the Peregrine can develop issues due to salt deposits if not rinsed thoroughly.

Did you ever stop to think folks might first do a quick check here given how many people own SW computers that might have experienced something similar?
Of course! I guess you didn't read the entire sarcasm of my post...my bad!

that would involve searching only. Sending an email to customer service takes the same amount of time as posting here, but you will get a much faster (and useful) response.

just contacted shearwater and I sent the computer to them. It probably is the hardware issue because it seems something wrong with the ' func ' button. thx for the help guys :)

Back
Top Bottom