Problem with Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phacops

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I wrote you about obtaining a replacement for a broken strap anchor/hinge for an Avalon mask. This is a simple snap-in part.

I have yet to hear from you. Do you expect me to purchase a replacement mask for the lack of a simple part? What gives?

Is this the typical customer service to be expected from Oceanic?

Called in and unfortunately the model is no longer around and was told that there is no replacement part available. Contact related that they do not see this type of problem as it is usually resolved by shops carrying their product. No consideration was given regarding fitment of the similar part from current production.

Left feeling that there was not a lot of interest in solving the problem.

The Avalon was in the line for just a year or two - and was replaced with another model around 8 years ago if my memory serves. If you don't mind taking the time to send me a detailed image of the remaining buckle, I'll see if another replacement part will work.

Like Doug said, if you can post a pic of the piece....We have some spare parts and might have something laying around that we can send you. We werent in business when the Avalon was available, but might have something that will work

Who did you write to? They're fired!
:rofl3: You guys are great. I must be a simple man but i cant stop cracking up from this.
Cheers

Sorry for taking so long and not paying attention. Thank you for getting back to me.

Here is a view of the good pieces and side of mask it clips to.
P5101331.JPG

And here is a picture of the piece that I am trying to find.
P5101332.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom