Problem with Aeris ai Dive Computer????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I have an Aeris ai Dive Computer.

I recently was in Bonaire and the water temperature display was showing 86 degrees when I'm quite sure the temp was more like 82 degrees. Also, when there were momentary cold currents the temp display stayed at 86.

I asked several other people (who had analog gauges) and they were getting 82-83 degrees.

The battery indicator shows "full" and all other functions appear to be working ok. Also, I just checked the computer temp. as it's hanging in my closet and it's showing 68 degrees which is exactly what my home thermostat is set at.

On another matter I have not heard any audible "alarm" from the computer while the red warning light comes on. My hearing isn't the greatest so maybe it's low volume and sounding but I don't hear it?

Any comments?

Thanks,

Sy

I hear mine quite well and in fact I can hear Tonia's when she is not right next to me. I suspect yours has the alarm option turned off. It is in Set 2 (hold both buttons until set two comes up) just after the time/day screen. Says ALM.

As to the temp, it is entirely possible it's not working right. I would take a very large pot of water, run warm tap water into it...check the temp with a thermometer and then drop in your Atmos....if it is significantly wrong, I would call up Aeris.

Hi,

I have an Aeris ai Dive Computer.
......On another matter I have not heard any audible "alarm" from the computer while the red warning light comes on. My hearing isn't the greatest so maybe it's low volume and sounding but I don't hear it?

Any comments?

Thanks,

Sy
I have certain frequency hearing loss. My computer gives a warning and I see the LED but don't hear it. After the dive my buddies go, "Did you hear that beeping noise, what the hell was that?" :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom