Problem Downloading M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverSandy

Registered
Reaction score

Having problem when using my iris for the first time to download my M1 Mares dive computer.
It times out and it doesn't download. I have upgraded to the new software from www.mares.com but that didn't work either. Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions about what may be wrong.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

I had the same problem, it finally worked when i unpluged our printer #1 and pluged our iris into that port. also the printer port was numbered "2" and the port on the iris program is #1. it was confusing and i finally figured it out at 2:00am (2 hours) keep trying and try switching port#'s on the iris program. When i finally got it, I just about cried, then i did cry when i found out my computer had a defect in programming and didn't store any profiles!!! My dive buddy has the M1 and his worked, good luck!!

If you are using windows XP some programs are not compatible and will not load and sometimes if they do load they do not work correctly without patches from Microsoft. I would recommend E-mailing MS and asking if there are any conflicts with the hardware or the software you are trying to use.

It may also be a lack of communication between the dive computer and the home PC. If its feasible you may want uninstall all the software and the hardware and then reconnect the hardware and see if the comuter recognizes it. If it does then load the software.

The other thing I've found that at least helps put you in the proper mindset - just remember that the Iris is a steaming pile of turd that deserves to be hated with the white hot hatred of 1000 suns. It sucks donkey doo-doo.

But that's just my opinion.

Thank you guys, will try and fool with it tonight. If not will take it to work and try it there. Maybe its my computer?
Had a friend over on Saturday with an infrared seeking camera and he wasn't able to see that the interface was working. Yet the computer recognized the hardware. Go figure.

I read on another forum that a few people have gotten the Beta software to work with the onboard IR port - but they had to do some workarounds and I could not find what they did . . . yet :)

Tim

just got to say "hi im new here" and i have a darwin vers 1.0 didnt work with xp but thanks to you guys i got 2.1.1 and it's working
see attatched

No doubt this is a problem that hs already been fixed, but here's my issue. I have the M1, a laptop with a virtual ir COM PORT (since bios is limited in options and I cannot mess with the IR port assignment), and running IRIS V 2.4. IR works fine with my N95 but won¨t work with the M1. I changed the COM port in IRIS to the one the virtual COM port selected and still no talking. Anyone know what I should do or try next? Oh and I have reduced the baud rate also so done everything people have suggested here without any luck.

Back
Top Bottom