Probe LX size adjustment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LarryHinDC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got back from my first dive trip with my new Probe LX BCD. It worked great; the only problem was that I've lost some weight since I bought it and now it's hard to get the cummerbund snug enough. Is there a way to adjust it so that the BCD fits snugger?

Thanks.

I just got back from my first dive trip with my new Probe LX BCD. It worked great; the only problem was that I've lost some weight since I bought it and now it's hard to get the cummerbund snug enough. Is there a way to adjust it so that the BCD fits snugger?

Thanks.

Hi Larry. If you grab either side of the cummerbund and follow it around to the rigid backplate, you will see that the cummerbund is "threaded" into three large slots. In the factory setting, the attached end of the cummberbund is folded under the bulk of the fabric. If you remove this completely from the backplate, you will be able to rethread it very much like you would put a buckle on a new weightbelt. This should allow you to slightly shorten the cummerbund. Do a little on each side of the vest.

If you have lost considerable weight, you may run into a problem of the ends of the jacket panels coming to close to one another in the front. If that is the situation, you may be forced to liquidate that jacket and get another in a smaller size.

If you have any questions, please fell free go give me a call. I will do what I can to help you. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Oceanic USA Dealer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom