Probably stupid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you misunderstood me. I haven't had an issue with buoyancy control in the last 45+ years. I citied one reason for my having a heavy lift wing was to have the extra buoyancy to get an inert diver that is also equipped like me with doubles and heavy weights for a dry suit or 7mm farmer john wet suit, to the surface in a controlled manner. I will add doing so without dropping lead or having to control anyone's BCD but my own, aside from dumping the expanding air from the victims BC as we ascend. I am prepared to go so far as to snap clip myself to the victim to be able to use both hands.

In the last 52 years of diving I've saved 2 divers from drowning. How many divers lives have you saved?

I suggested for the OP to make his rig balanced to avoid buoyancy issues, increase safety, comfort and fun. But clearly, very few here know what that means. I never disagreed with what you said but just that it doesn't apply to the OP.

It's not a competition about displaying diving accomplishments and ego. Plenty of bigger fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom