pro plus question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have a pro plus computer,and every dive i have to the the log afterwould and it shows i came up to fast,always in the red. i have used computer about 12-15 dives, computer only about a year old.
My local scuba guy told me that any time during the dive that you change your profile by ascending a little it may be the reason.
I have ascended very slow on purpose at end of dive ,same results.
Every thing about the computer seems to be working like it should.
any thoughts?

I have the pro plus and haven't noticed any problems during most of the ascent, however during the last three-five feet it usually goes into the red. Are you absolutely sure you aren't ascending too quickly?

I have the pro plus and haven't noticed any problems during most of the ascent, however during the last three-five feet it usually goes into the red. Are you absolutely sure you aren't ascending too quickly?

I tested my rate with my Buddy who has an older Versa pro and his does not go in the red .
it doesnt seem to go in the red on the ascent itself but shows that i did in the log afterwould.

Take note of how you lift your computer.
It may very well be that you are in a vertical position and that you're raising your computer up to view it from a deeper depth.
The speed with which you lift your computer can actually generate a rapid ascent alarm.

the K

The K has it right. Either you have a rapid buoyancy change (current, avoiding reef, etc.) at some point during the dive, or you're lifting the computer up fast.

I have a PP2, and I do very, very slow ascents, and still get red on some occasions.

Danny

The max ascent rate, shallower than 30 feet, is 30 feet per minute. In order to trigger the audible alarm during ascent, the max rate must be exceeded for ____ time (I'm at home and can't remember the amount - I'll update this when I track down the answer). For download, if that moment occurred during the sample, it will appear in the dive data.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom