Pro Plus 2 Going Haywire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BekaLynn

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Both my husband and I have the Oceanic Pro Plus 2 Dive Computers. His was purchased in late October 2008, with his first dive on it Nov 11th. He has 10 dives on his. Mine was purchased in December 2008, with 6 dives on it.

Both of the computers have had issues. The first time we noticed anything was both displays went wonky on my first dive with the computer, we went to a spring, max depth was 53 ft. The displays were messed up, extra digits were lit up, so that we couldn't make out the details of the dive. This cleared up after about a day. Then this same thing happend again on other dives. The display seems to be ok while diving,the trouble seems to start once we are out of the water.

We went diving this past Sunday, again a spring, max depth was 71 ft. The display is doing the same thing. In addition to that they are both saying H2O, and keep resetting every 2 hours, and don't shut off.

I've seen other threads about taking the battery out and then putting it back in to see if that fixes the problem. Also saw a thread that said to soak it, then let it dry completely.

Any thoughts?

Hi BekaLynn -

The "wet" notice would indicate that the contacts are indeed wet, or that you have some corrosion present. I do not believe that it would be the cause of your other difficulties - please give our folks in customer service a call, they'll be happy to help.

800-435-3483, ext. 761

Thank you Doug. I called and I am sending them both to Oceanic this afternoon. Crossing my fingers that they get them back to me in time for my next dive.

The guy at customer service was great! :jumping:

Back
Top Bottom