Pro Plus 2 doing wiggo stuff -help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sailingk8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I soaked the computer with the regulator in the tub over night and now my computer is telling me my last dive was 9:59 @ 5' and it keeps doing a count to two minutes, beeps then starts counting again. I can't find anything in the manual.
Anyone got a clue how to fix this? Taking the battery out isn't an option for me. One of the screws is too tight. Yes I realize I could take it to get it serviced but I'm hoping someone can tell me otherwise.
Thanks
Kate

I just posted a similar situation in answer to Randy G's problem (Randy's problem sounds identical to yours sailingk8). My pp2, after rinsing but not soaking overnight, did an 8 foot dive for 9 hours and 59 minutes and then stopped and appeared normal...obviously i was concerned about it's continued reliability. LDS couldn't help, but sent it to Oceanic who sent me a rebuilt PP2 to replace mine..I never did get a reason from them, but was happy with the outcome. Hope that helps. I had maybe 150 dives on it when this happened.

Sounds like it could be a moisture problem. Soaking the regulator unpressurized overnight could have allowed sufficient moisture into the regulator that the moisture is also affecting the computer. Save the long hot baths for you and RandyG. Soaking an unpressurized regulator that long is looking for trouble.

Back
Top Bottom