Pro Plus 2 dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How much time lag is there between water temperature change and when it registers on the dive computer?

I dove below the thermocline last weekend and was curious to see how cold it was on my dive computer. Came back up because it was too cold for me and computer didn't pick up the temp below the thermocline, so just wondering what the time lag is?

I have found you have to wate for the hole computer to change temperature before it registers.
I think the sensor must be in the middle of the macheen.

I was diving last night in cold water. We were down for 12 min. My computer said 51F and dropping still after 12 min. Anouther divers SPG said 43F. I think it takes a good 15 to 20 min. for the temperature to stablize. This is a real short coming of the ProPlus. I always seem to have a higher temperature than everyone else.

Temp reading is definitely not instantaneous on the PP2. I have my sampling rate set at 15 seconds but it appears the temp only drops by 1 degree maximum for each sample. I cannot find more than a one degree drop between samples anywhere in my dive profiles. For example, on one 5/18 dive the air temp was 90 degrees and the water temp 64 on a shallow dive to 35 fsw. It took the computer 17 minutes to reach the water temp. I've never compared my computer's temps to anyone else's computer except my wife's PP2. Occasionally there is a 1 degree variance between our two computers with hers reading 1 degree warmer. I tell her it is because she's so hot! (gotta score those points whenever you can).

My computer is functioning properly then; it's taking as long as 15 minutes sometimes to fully register temp change. Worried me at first and didn't know if it needed to be serviced.

Back
Top Bottom