Pro Plus 2 Computer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used the Oceanic service where you send in your malfunctioning Pro Plus 2 computer and get a factory refurbished one back in about a week for $160? It sounds like a decent deal to me, but I thought I'd ask.

One of the most disappointing and fallible computers I've ever owned. Had a refurb replacement model twice and it's currently on the fritz now as well. Probably won't get it fixed at this point since it's been a few years and have moved on. I was told by a few different folks to watch out for which battery you use with it. No Radio Shack models. Didn't really matter though for me as the errors kept coming. I'd be curious to hear of others who've owned this model as it certainly cost a few shekels up front.

I'd used my for 3-4 years. My failure was that one of the springs under one of the buttons failed, so if you held the computer face up, gravity would sometimes pull the button down and make contact. Fortunately, that button doesn't do anything until you use the other button to get off the normal screen, so I could set the computer by lying on by back and doing my settings. Apparently the early black-button version is prone to this, the later silver-button version not so much. My replacement has silver buttons. The original one had probably 450 dives on it.

Has anyone used the Oceanic service where you send in your malfunctioning Pro Plus 2 computer and get a factory refurbished one back in about a week for $160? It sounds like a decent deal to me, but I thought I'd ask.

Well, I attempted to use this service but some version of Murphy's Law intervened. I had my LDS send my malfunctioning long out-of-warranty Pro Plus 2 computer in to Oceanic about two weeks ago, and yesterday I got back a brand new Pro Plus 3 which I was allowed to keep for a price I couldn't refuse. I don't think you can use my singular experience to draw any conclusions about how the recent introduction of the Pro Plus 3 will impact getting a Pro Plus 2 serviced, but it worked out pretty well for me. Now I have to read the manual and go diving.

Back
Top Bottom