Pro Plus 2 and OceanLog 2 Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug B

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 about two weeks ago. I used it during the past four days, making 13 dives in the Key Largo area. Most of the dives were in 40 feet of water or less, on reefs. I also made two dives on the Spiegal Grove, in the 95 to 100 foot range.

The computer functioned flawlessly. I really like it.

The Oceanlog software, though... It's OK, but....
1. I'm not fond of the "connection" between the USB cable and the Pro Plus 2. It's a little touchy.
2. The "adding a dive" function in the software isn't very intuitive... although I figured how to download dives (by trial and error) I had to break out the on-line help manual and read through it to understand what was going on.
3. The software won't let me change the "life time dive number". I don't like that.
4. For some reason, my first four dives show up in the Pro Plus 2 as I scroll thru the screens, but they are not available to download... and I can't figure out why....
5. The Oceanlog software is very powerful - it keeps track of a TON of data. But, I don't understand why all of the data information can't be on the same screen. Why do I have to flip through three or four tabs for each dive to enter information. Put it all in one place. Also, when I manually entered dives (that the computer couldn't or wouldn't download), I couldn't put them in the correct order. The computer would put them in order by date, but not by time. It's not a big deal, but it's very frustrating.

I give the computer an A+ grade.:D

I give the software a C grade.:shakehead

Yeah I gave up a long time ago using there software.
Now I just use there software to download the data and I wrote my own software to view it.

The dive computer can only hold so much dive data. I take my laptop and download the data every night.

Does anyone have an idea as to how many hours of data the computer can hold? When setup to sample every 15 seconds?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom