Pro Plus 2 ALT Message

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nsemenko

New
Reaction score
Hello,

We have a friend who just bought a Pro Plus 2 as part of a package deal about two weeks ago. When he jumped into the water today it would not bring up the main screen. When he turned it on it just counted down and went straight to the ALT message. He couldn't get rid of it. When he got home and cleaned his gear the main screen came up fine. He had not been diving for over a week before this and they were not diving at altitude. I have went over the owner's manual with a fine tooth comb and cannot find that error message listed anywhere. Has anyone had this problem before? Any idea what is causing it or how to fix it?

Thanks!

I had the same problem. The PRO PLUS 2 does an auto test when turned on, I think the ALT message is a failure code. I sent mine back to Oceanic and got it repaired. Had to pay because it was out of warranty. Suggest your friend go to the Oceanic website and send them an email describing the issue. Great customer service.

How deep was he when he tried to turn it on? On the original pro plus, it will not turn on and only give you an error code if you are below 4 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom