Pro Plus 2.1 battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My issue is that the battery won't die! :D

I've had the 2.1 for two years and logged over 50 dives so far. It still reads full strength on the battery. I haven't changed the battery ever, and debating whether I should anyway. Why risk getting a leak in the seal when the battery is still reading a full charge? I took it to my LDS last year. They looked it over and said nothing needs to be done since the battery level is reading full. I bought a battery replacement kit just in case.

Do you think I should change it out anyway? :idk:

:cheers:
Steve
and Yes...I just picked up the Atom 3.0. I plan to still use the Pro Plus as a backup.

I'm on year two with my PP2.1, so I'm curious about this too. Mfg wants annual service and battery change, but if the indicator is correct there's no need to open the case and invite potential problems. I may order the replacement kit before next travel dive, jic.

Sent from my ADR6350 using my Fumble Thumbs :D

My issue is that the battery won't die! :D

I've had the 2.1 for two years and logged over 50 dives so far. It still reads full strength on the battery. I haven't changed the battery ever, and debating whether I should anyway. Why risk getting a leak in the seal when the battery is still reading a full charge? I took it to my LDS last year. They looked it over and said nothing needs to be done since the battery level is reading full. I bought a battery replacement kit just in case.

Do you think I should change it out anyway? :idk:

:cheers:
Steve
and Yes...I just picked up the Atom 3.0. I plan to still use the Pro Plus as a backup.

DEFINITIVELY YES. You should not let your battery stay inside your computer for more than two years, even if is still going strong. I´ve seen several computers "abandoned" in drawers for long periods in which the minus (-) contact (don´t ask why but is always the "minus" contact) turns green and corrodes, just like the contacts in a car battery. And that could easily mean the end of you computer life.

Back
Top Bottom