Pro photojournalist new to the list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

louisianadiver:
Hello all. I'm an often-published photojournalist new to this list. I'm a holdout film user for a variety of reasons. You can see examples of my stuff at http://claycoleman.tripod.com I'd be glad to share what I know, including my experiences with magazines and book publishers.

Welcome to the board louisianadiver. Look forward to viewing some of your work.

Danny

Just checked out your site...Wow! Some beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

My personal favorite was "Yet another seaweed blenny (Parablennius marmoreus)".

Jeff

welcome aboard... and wow... some awesome pics you got there

Aloha and welcome to the board........Wow! You have some real nice stuff there! Tell me, what are your reasons for being a holdout film user???

Welcome Clay,

Looked at your site, great pictures, I really like the black & white cavern with the diver. I think it's the sun streaks that make it. Those blennies always make me chuckle when I see one, they always look like you caught them doing something they shouldn't be, you know like little kids in the cookie jar. Thanks for sharing!

louisianadiver:
Hello all. I'm an often-published photojournalist new to this list. I'm a holdout film user for a variety of reasons. You can see examples of my stuff at http://claycoleman.tripod.com I'd be glad to share what I know, including my experiences with magazines and book publishers.

and welcome especially to a film hold out I was feeling very lonley. Again great shots
David

Clay will be a great addition to this board.
His book on North American dive sites is due to be released soon, I believe.

justleesa:
Aloha and welcome to the board........Wow! You have some real nice stuff there! Tell me, what are your reasons for being a holdout film user???

Hi Justleesa. The prosaic answer is because I already have film equipment, I'm familiar with it, and it's gotten me results. The second reason is that I know of no housed lens that can produce the edge-to-edge sharpness of the Nikon or Sea & Sea 15mm lenses for Nikonos (not to mention the convenient size of the Nikonos system). I shoot all wide angle with those lenses. The third reason is the 1.3-1.5x crop of the current DX systems. I know that Canon has a full-frame sensor, but those are prohibitively expensive. I shoot macro with a housed N90s and either a 60mm or a 105mm lens (Nikons). The 1.5 crop would turn my 60mm into a 90mm and would render the 105mm almost useless. The last reason is archival. I'm not sure that the images currently being made digitally won't be obsolete in a few years. Slides are easy to organize and store, last more than a lifetime, and can be re-scanned as technology develops. Plus, if a slide gets scratched, I can fix it; if an image file is corrupted, the image is lost forever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom