Pro Ear Masks -- What's the difference between the models???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There are 6 different models, but their website does not do a good job of explaining the differences. I understand one will be the children's model, but the others? Aside from that one, are all the others the same size and fit???

From what I can see on the IST website there are 2 models with different colors and an all black model which appears to have a slightly different skirt shape. There used to be a model with 4 lens windows. The model I have several examples of, and have used for over 10 years, is the Pro Ear 2000. It looks identical to the black and blue colored masks with clear skirts.

I have a fairly average face shape. There are very few masks which I cannot fit. The basic build quality of the masks is very good. The tube connector sleeve clamping rings, which attach the equalization tubes to the mask skirt, are fragile. I have had several fail. I have wrapped them with silicone "rescue" tape to reinforce them.

The tubes where they are attached to the mask skirt has a threaded adapter, are attached with nuts. It is possible to transfer the ear cups to a non-IST mask by making a small hole in the mask skirt.

Here are some other links: Swimming Ear Protection Diving Masks ProEar 2000

Check my reply (#26) in this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/diving-medicine/414829-ear-trauma-15-metres-never-dive-again-3.html

Back
Top Bottom