Pro Ear mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jephre

Registered
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has had experiences with these masks-- good/bad/or otherwise? I've had problems with my ears in the past, and if this is the cure-all I'd be very eager to know about it.

Thinking that for 50clams online, it might be worth the experiment.

Thanks for your advice!

Jeffrey

I have never tried one, but I am considering it in the near future- I was with another diver using one in Cozumel and he swore by it. As there is less air pressure near the ear (or something) it helps with equalizing? - and obviously the ear stays dry (most of the time) The problems he had were that they are one-size fits all, so not always the most comfortable mask, and if it does leak, it is harder to clear.
and you look a bit funny too.

sorry I can't give personal experience.

I have one and i love it. when i first started to dive i had a hard time clearing my ears
i checked into the Pro ear and i purchased one and it has been one of the best investment that i have made on my equipment. it keeps my ears dry and i do not have a hard time clearing my mask. the only draw back that it has is that when you exhale it is louder than if you do it with out this mask.

jephre:
Just curious if anyone has had experiences with these masks-- good/bad/or otherwise? I've had problems with my ears in the past, and if this is the cure-all I'd be very eager to know about it.

Thinking that for 50clams online, it might be worth the experiment.

Thanks for your advice!

Jeffrey

My son is a Rescue diver and has several hundred dives under his belt. He has always had a hard time equalizing and just has to go down very slowly.

A couple of years ago he bought a Pro Ears mask prior to a trip to Cozumel. He tired it in the pool and once adjusted worked fine. On the Cozumel trip he could descend with everyone and had no problems equalizing.

FYI. There are two tubes that run from the top corners of the face plate to the ear pieces. This allows for easy equalization. The only drawback is that when wearing it sounds are amplified a bit but you get use to it quite easily. He bought his at JoeDiverAmerica for about $50. Make sure the two nylon lock nuts are nice and secure before you start diving.

He went on a trip to Florida and during his dive one of the nuts came off and the tube came out. He had to put his finger over the hole in the skirt while making an ascent.
Put on some new nuts and it was good as new.

Hey My wife uses the pro ear mask and loves it I bought two of them about 3 months ago I have mine. I have never used it and would sell it for 40.00 shipped it is brand new in the bag if interested let me know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom