pro ear 2000(has anyone used it)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Listen to her doctor. If his professional opinion is that your fiance will be fine in time, then great. But don't just put pressure on that ear without a follow up examination. You don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

The suggestion to do her check out dives during your honey moon is good advice. Think about it this way, do you run a marathon the week after getting over a bad cold just because the cold is gone? If her doctor is satisfied that her recovery is good enough for her to dive, then he'll clear her. If he isn't, then you shouldn't push it for the sake of convenience.

Also, if you'll be super busy between now and the wedding, there is no law that says you must do ALL your OW dives in one weekend. Perhaps you have time to do 1 per weekend and still have time for your other responsabilities. Speak to your instructor about alternative times to ensure her ear has as much time as possible to recover.

I would also advise discussing alternative equalization techniques with your instructor. A lot of the time, barotrauma is caused by bad equalization techinique. Valsalva doesn't work for everyone; perhaps your fiance should try out different methods to find something that works better for her.

Congratulations, btw.

we are gonna take the doc advice but will this help in the future

As Frank said earlier, I do have one and like it alot. My reason for getting one was to keep water from getting trapped for a week or so in the ear canal after a dive. I can't say whether or not it will prevent future problems or infections. BTW, congratulations to both of you on your upcoming wedding.

samnewsom:
we are gonna take the doc advice but will this help in the future

I've never used one nor do I personally know anyone that has.

That being said, proper technique when equalizing your ears will definitely help no matter what mask she uses.

thank you as any couple gettin every weekend is wull and really wanted her to be certified just was wanting some input and if helps prevent it it is well worth the money we have already bought bc reg computer and all that what will 45 hurt just hoping it would help thanks for everones .o2 but keepm them comoing

I've had ear problems on and off in the brief tenure of my dive career, and having used a pro-ear mask on my last several dives in Hawaii, I can say that I think that at the very least, it can't hurt. I do think it makes equalization easier, and at bare minimum it's an exceptionally comfortable mask to wear (and i've heard that from others with different facial shapes than mine) for the money (usually available online for under 50).

whether it's worth it to you may also depend on your willingness to look more ridiculous than usual in gear, but i think it's a small price to pay for easy descents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom