Pro 4 10 watt cannister light burn time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigDiver

Reaction score
I just bought this light and did the burn test on the light, came up with 120 minutes Not the 240 claimed. Are Halcyons burn times until the battery is dead or is it til recommented voltage. (10volts).

I will recharge my battery and try it again.

Assuming by what you said, 240 minutes is suppose to be the right time?

Guess I will see what happens the second time, and if that doesn't work I will call EE

When you are charging you battery (assuming you use the charger that came with the light) which lights are on when it is charging/ not charging? For some reason I am having a hard time understanding when which one/ both is suppose to be on.

... about the 240 minutes anymore than you... it is what I read in the literature too.... we seldom go over 60 minutes on dives... sometimes 70... figure the max at 90 including deco.... (The PNW is not cave country.) We have had over 120 minutes burn time between charging on two back to back dives.

When charging:
Plug the charger leads into the battery first.... the green led will come on steady (if the red led comes on your polarity is wrong!)

Plug the charger into an outlet and the red LED will come on and stay on until the charger is unplugged. The green LED will remain steady until charging is complete... then it will start blinking.

I don't know how long our batteries will last since we have never burn tested them (and don't really need to for the diving we do) but I will say that after two dives it only takes about 15 minutes charging to pump them back up... this indicates to me that they were no where near close to flat.

{This post was edited by Uncle Pug 8-31-02 to correct it.}

I am burn testing the battery a I write this and depending how it goes I will contact EE and ask them. Either way I will keep you informed.

my pro 6 10 W HID and it lasted 4.5 hrs when i got tired of waiting, burn time is supposed to be 5.5 hrs on this one.
From what i understand is you should turn the light off before the battery is really dead, i am not sure how i'd know, i havent made a 5.5 hr dive just yet :) to find out how you rlight tells you the voltage is dropping below a critical level.

so i think burn times are till this critical voltage is reached.

I wrote to EE and received a response that same day. They said the me getting only HALF the total burn time is NOT normal. I was told that it could be a bad cell in the battery. I was told to send it in and they would "...make it right"

So that is all the new info. at this time. I will write again with the results of this situation. I am VERY pleased with way EE is treating me.

I recieved that new battery and conducted the new burn test and actually got over 4hrs. So the claimed burn time should be the actual burn time to 10volts.

EE treated me very well and will continue to buy from them in the future and would recommend anyone to them.

You can reach them at, www.extreme-exposure.com

I would also suggest that everyone burn test their battery, even if you never cave dive. It will tell you whether you got a defective battery like I did

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom