Princeton TEC Shockwave LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrownin

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the Princeton TEC shockwave LED. Does anyone have any comments on the light. I will be using it in the Northeast off the coast of RI, MA and NY; usually deeper dives in limited vis.

Any comments or recommendations for alternatives?

Thanks

I am looking at getting the Princeton TEC shockwave LED. Does anyone have any comments on the light. I will be using it in the Northeast off the coast of RI, MA and NY; usually deeper dives in limited vis.

Any comments or recommendations for alternatives?

Thanks

I think you could do a search on this exact topic on this board that is very recent.

I have the Miniwav LED same output 6&9 watt but in a 4c configuration with of course shorter run times. IMHO a great light
If the run times fit your needs being half as many batteries is half the expense to use and smaller size with less weight to carry.

I have the light. Love it. Bulbs will last longer than I probably will. Also, being LED it gets good burn time on the batteries. I've yet to have mine fail to light or give me any sorts of problems.

I don't care for it like I should but I do occasionally remove the cap and clean and oil the oring and the groves.

I have the MiniWave too, that's my travel light.

I've got two of them.
Used them in night dives, low viz dives, and under-ledge scouting... I have no complaints at all.
Great burn time, and bright...

That said, if you're going caving, or deep penetration anywhere, I'd go with a HID as your primary.

I have one, my dad has one, 50+ dives on the original batteries, and they have never been opened or soaked in water after use, just dive 'em, and toss 'em in the gear bag. They are the primary lights that we use off the coast of MA, and we have been very happy with them. The only problem is that now everyone seems to be getting them, so it's harder to tell who your buddy is, but a small problem in the greater scheme of things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom