Primary light, what matters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My experience is totally different. I started out with bright lights but noticed it scared off most critters. Octopus dove back into their cracks, fish fled. It was so noticable that I purchased a light with both a red and white beam. And the white light is in 2 strengths. Now I dive with just the red lights untill I see something I need to inspect more closely. Then I turn on the white light and shine it just off the critter working closer till I can see as much as I want or the critter flees. Of course if you want to watch nature in action put a bright light on a small fish and see how long it takes for a bigger fish to come up and eat him. This works expecially well on Boanaire in front of Buddy dive. The big tarpon Charlie loves to follow divers around and pick off illuminated fish.

Oh DANG!!! Smart fish :D

Back
Top Bottom