Primary Light ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overboard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

We are going to Palau and we need to get primary lights. I was thinking of the D4. Any experience with that type handle design?

It seems the light cannon can be touchy with that metal halide type bulb.

What do you think about dual bulb designs, etc. By the way, which is brighter xenon of halogen? Spot vs. flood?

Yes, we are still newbies.

All the help is greatly appreciated!

Mark

watt for watt, xenon is much brighter to the human eye, most say about 4-5 times as bright. ie a 10watt xenon is similar to a 50 watt halogen. definitely spot over flood, esp during the day.

mike

Hi,

is spot referring to the focus of the light?

Flood as in no focus provided by the light?

I'm thinking of getting a dive light though,preferbly one that can be secured to the weight-belt vertically,so that it faces the front when i'm horizontal underwater.However,it seems to defeat the purpose of the light if i'm using a jacket bc instead of back-inflated ones rite? If so,may i know how or where should i secure the light then?

Hope that i dont need to carry it and it can still light up my way....

Any recommedations?

Got to be normal battery operated and not those that needs special batteries used by tech divers.

Thanks alot in advance folks......=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom