Pricing Used Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I own a bulletproof compressed neo drysuit. I like the suit, but I find I am traveling with the suit by air, something I had never planned. I am considering buying a Fusion and selling my BARE XCD2.

How do you value a used suit? Is there some average rate of depreciation per year or per dive? I want to set a price that is a good value for both myself and the buyer.

How do you value a used suit? Is there some average rate of depreciation per year or per dive? I want to set a price that is a good value for both myself and the buyer.
I don't think there is a formula. I think you need to take into account the overall condition of the suit and the number of times it's been used (if you can get an accurate number). Personally, unless the suit showed in like-new condition, I would never consider paying more than 50% of retail for it. Do a pressure test on it if you can too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom